UN SDG Engagement and Communications Internship | Diplomacy Opportunities
The UN SDG Action campaign is seeking to engage 3-4 interns to assist with SDG campaign outreach and engagement tools and activities. The interns will support the preparation and delivery of tools and services to partners and UN country teams, in the areas of: communications, product and partner development, event and operational support, data visualization and online platform support. The interns will be based in Bonn, Germany.
Duties and Responsibilities
The specific activities assigned to each intern will be aligned with their skills and background in the areas of communications, product and partner development, event and operational support, data visualization and online platform support. Under each of these areas, the duties and responsibilities will include:
1. Product and Partnership Development
- Support development of UN SDG Action Campaign toolkits, including drafting updates, coordinating translations, and testing and roll out of tools and online services for core initiatives such as: My World 2030, SDG Action Network, Global Day of Action, SDG Action Awards and others.
- Engage with partners from civil society, the UN system or governments to provide ongoing support for SDG Action Campaign tools and services to coordinate campaign and outreach at international, regional, national and local levels.
- Support knowledge sharing of campaign plans, resources and toolkits to support the outreach and mobilization efforts of UN country team networks and other partners and to ensure synergies across countries and inform the ongoing processes to improve the products and services of the UN SDG Action Campaign
2. Communications and media relations and outreach
- Support the development of coordinated media outreach efforts to increase the awareness of the UN SDG Action Campaign activities
- Support the on-going outreach activities through drafting messages, creating visuals and editing videos to promote and support UN SDG Action Campaign tools and services
3. Event and Operational Support
- Represent UN SDG Action Campaign, as appropriate, in key campaign moments and sustainable development events, including at booths and exhibitions
- Provide logistical support to planning and organization of events
- General office support including note-taking, management of routine correspondence meeting scheduling and organization and other general duties.
4. Data Visualization
- Support the development of data visualizations for MY World 2030 survey, including through interaction with data visualization community, for custom visualizations on key development topics for thematic events or international days and/or for regional/national purposes
- Support back-end management and handling of data inputs from multiple partner sources
5. Online Platform Support
- Support development of global SDG Action partner network platform
- Support management and handling of content and administration of SDG Action Campaign online platforms
- Assist in the procurement process of digital tools and platforms
- Knowledge of Sustainable Development Goals and related UN processes
- Strong writing and clear communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently on projects
- Team player
- Professionalism and attention to detail
- Social media, graphic design and/or data visualization skills are an asset
Required Skills and Experience
- Must be currently enrolled in Master’s degree (Master’s or equivalent) in international relations, sustainable development, social sciences, communications or related disciplines.
- Academic or professional experience in areas relevant to the SDGs
- Experience in partner/customer relations, marketing, event planning, communications, data visualizations or administration
- Fluency required in English, both written and oral. Fluency in other languages is an asset.
- Legal resident status in Europe for period of internship
Location : Bonn, GERMANY
Application Deadline: 24-Apr-18 (Midnight New York, USA)
Read more on the UN SDG Engagement and Communications Internship website