Apply To Be MY World 2030 Advocates | Diplomacy Opportunities
The ASEAN MY World Advocacy Programme is series of comprehensive advocacy activities led by the UN SDG Action Campaign and the UNDP Bangkok Regional Hub across ASEAN countries aiming to advocate for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and promote citizen engagement and data collection activities among young people in the region.
A group of 25 talented young ASEAN advocates will be selected to join the Advocacy Programme and will have the opportunity to work as MY World 2030 Advocates and become agents of change in their community, city, region and country.
- Raise awareness for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Collect citizen data and input using the ASEAN MY World 2030 survey
- Advocate for citizen engagement in the implementation of the SDGs
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS OF ASEAN MY WORLD ADVOCATES
- Mobilise your community / city / region / country to start taking action for the Sustainable Development Goals
- Collect at least 500 ASEAN MY World 2030 votes and 5 Humans of MY World Stories in your community / city / region / country
- Organise a handover event with local / regional / national stakeholders – for instance on Global Day of Action September 25
- Document your activities: write blogs, take photos and be active on social media
- Lead right where you are!
- Learning and training workshops
- Receive a certificate of participation
- Become part of the SDG Action Network
- Develop real life experience with by becoming an advocate for the SDGs
- Discover where your talent, passion, and the needs of the world intersect
- Join a group of people challenging one another to make something awesome happen
Four months: June – September 2018
In order to apply you need to match the following criteria:
- You must be between 18 and 30 years old.
- You must be a resident of ANY of the following ASEAN countries: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Viet Nam
- You must be passionate about the Sustainable Development Goals and believe in a world where young people can shape their own future
- You must possess good organizational skills and have the ability to work independently
- You must be available and willing to work at least 6 – 8 hours a week for a period of four months
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 18TH MAY 2018
Read more on MY World 2030 Advocates website