Youth organizations around the globe are powerful advocates for the rights of women and LGBTI+ populations, migrant and rural communities, indigenous populations and others whose socio-economic context leaves them vulnerable. To guarantee truly democratic and inclusive open government processes, the voices of young activists who advocate with and for vulnerable populations need to be heard and empowered.
In association with Restless Development, Accountability Lab and Fundación Multitudes, the Open Government Secretariat is hosting a Workshop that will bring together young leaders to 1) explore together the basic ins and outs of OGP; 2) identify prevailing challenges and successful strategies for advancing inclusive open government and 3) explore how OGP can be leveraged in ongoing and future advocacy and activities within their national and regional processes.
The scholarship offers:
- Participation in the Youth Workshop on Monday 16 July 2018 in Tbilisi, Georgia
- Access to the Civil Society Day Conference and to the Summit.
- Airfare in economy class from your place of residence to Tbilisi, Georgia
- Hotel accommodations booked by OGP, for 5 nights from Sunday 15 July to Friday 20 July, 2018
- A cash per diem to cover meals and transportation
Deadline is May 30, 2018
Criteria for candidate selection:
- be between the ages of 18 and 26
- be nationals of or live in OGP participant country
- be fluent English speakers (no translation available)
- represent an organization or broader coalition in their countries
- have strong interpersonal skills
The selected candidates will be contacted by the OGP Secretariat by Wednesday June 6.
The OGP Secretariat will ensure that selected candidates are well placed to participate in ongoing OGP processes and that the group as a whole embraces diversity in gender, geography, ethnicity, socio-economic background, and field of expertise/interest. Invitations to this workshop will be non transferable.
Read more on Open Government Partnership Youth Workshop website