Call For Applications: Youth Forum For The Mediterranean (Fully Funded) | Diplomacy Opportunities
The Union for the Mediterranean and the XVIII Mediterranean Games Tarragona 2018 are co-organising the Youth Forum for the Mediterranean on 6-9 July 2018, in Tarragona (Spain), and are pleased to invite youth-led organisations, platforms and networks from the Euro-Mediterranean region to nominate 2-3 representatives to participate.
Launched in July 2008, the Union for the Mediterranean (UfM) is an inter-governmental organisation that brings together all 28 countries of the European Union and 15 countries of the Southern and Eastern Mediterranean, with the aim of enhancing regional cooperation and dialogue in the Euro-Mediterranean region in order to collectively address three interrelated priorities: regional stability, human development, and integration.
The travel, transport from Barcelona to Tarragona, board and lodging of the selected participants for the entire duration of the Forum will be covered by the UfM Secretariat, the City Council of Tarragona and the University Rovira i Virgili. It is expected that background organisations support expenses related to local transport in the home country (from and to the origin of travel). Participants will be lodged in double rooms. A free evening for attendees to explore the local area is foreseen, and therefore the dinner will not be provided by the organisers that day.
The UfM Secretariat invites youth-led organisations, platforms and networks from the Euro-Mediterranean area to send 2-3 members/representatives to participate to the Youth Forum for the Mediterranean.
The selection of participating organisations and their representatives will be carried out by a selection committee comprising members of the UfM Secretariat, the City Council of Tarragona, the University Rovira i Virgili, and the pedagogical team of the Forum, according to the following eligibility and selection criteria, to be fulfilled by the deadline for applications:
- be a youth-led organisation/platform/network active principally in one of the 43 UfM Member States
- have open and ongoing activities and/or projects in one of the three areas tackled by the Forum;
- have background knowledge and experience in international youth work and regional cooperation projects;
- have background knowledge and experience in terms of Euro-Mediterranean policies and of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
How to apply
Sunday 10 June 2018 (23:59 UTC+2 – Barcelona time).
Eligible organisations should nominate 2 to 3 representatives on the basis of the following eligibility and selection criteria, to be fulfilled by the deadline for applications:
- have between 18 and 30 years old;
- be able to work and communicate in English;
- play an active role in the initiative/project carried by the sending structure and presented during the Forum, and plan to continue this work in the near future;
- be able to attend the whole duration of the activity.
Read more on Youth Forum For The Mediterranean website