Vacancy: Youth Peace Initiative Programme Officer | Diplomacy Opportunities
The Youth Peace Initiative (YPI) is a young and dynamic organisation that facilitates youth in conflict areas to participate in the peace process. It does so by organising international conferences, currently focussing on Israeli and Palestinian youth as well as young Syrians that live in The Netherlands. Additionally, YPI sets up lectures for Dutch and international youth in the Netherlands to engage with peace issues.
At the moment YPI is looking for a Programme Officer in the Netherlands whose main tasks consist of organising workshops and conferences in the Netherlands for Israeli and Palestinian youth and actively searching for new opportunities and activities for YPI and its participants. YPI is looking for a confident and proactive team member with a strong
work ethic and strong organisation skills.
As YPI work relies on trust and impartiality, YPI encourages people to apply with an open disposition and an affinity for diplomatic representation. In return YPI offers you the opportunity to help create a new generation of peacemaker, apply your creativity, and expand your network in international relations.
Please note that this concerns a voluntary part-time position (10 hours per
week on average).
– Between the ages of 18-29
– A dynamic team player
– Pro-active, creative, and diplomatic by nature (with a drive to change the world)
– Interested in conflict resolution, international politics, law and peace issues
– Familiarity with Middle Eastern conflicts (particularly the Israeli/Palestinian and
Syrian conflict) is an advantage
– Fluent in English
– Skilled in organising activities and events
– Able to maintain networks on an international level
– Adaptive to new and ever changing situations with a ‘Can Do’ attitude
– Living in the Netherlands in traveling distance from The Hague
Previous experiences in a similar position is an advantage, but not a must.
If you are excited to join, send us your CV and Motivation Letter (500 words max.)
by 31 August 2018 to: email@example.com with the subject: “Your Name” YPI 2018 – Program Officer Vacancy’’
Read more on the Youth Peace Initiative Program Officer Vacancy website