Join New Dream Youth Advisory Council | Diplomacy Opportunities
New Dream empowers individuals, communities, and organizations to transform the ways they consume to improve well-being of people and the planet. New Dream is seeking the expertise of young leaders to help guide and improve their work.
- Opinionated about how the world works, and how it impacts your future
- Passionate about and involved in communities you belong to
- Concerned and hopeful that your effort and your generation can make positive change
- Someone who believes that there are solutions to the problems we face
- Open to listening to other perspectives and sharing in productive dialogue
- Committed to equity, social justice, and amplifying voices that often go unheard
Participation in the Youth Council includes:
- providing feedback on potential tools or resources for youth, to let us know if they are something you would use, and/or how to improve them (e.g., a guide to sharing, a back to school checklist, a toolkit to start or promote a school recycling program, etc.)
- the willingness to test or pilot tools or resources, and provide results
- occasional video calls with other youth leaders and New Dream staff to share more about the challenges you experience as you work toward a “less stuff, more meaning” way of living
- promotion of New Dream’s youth-centered tools and resources (e.g,. via social media channels, or within your school, church, youth group, etc.).
Applications are due July 31, 2018
Young people between the ages of 12-25years to apply
Read more on New Dream Youth Advisory Council website