National Youth Council of Ireland is now taking applications for One World Week mini-grants 2018. These grants are provided for activities and events related to this year’s One World Week theme which focuses on Activism & the Sustainable Development Goals.
Grant applications of up to a maximum of €400 will be considered.
Applications should address at least ONE of the Sustainable Development Goals. Issues should be explored from political, economic, technological, environmental and cultural viewpoints. That do the Sustainable Development Goals mean to your community? What actions can you take/are you taking? What do you want the world to look like by 2030?
Funded applications should look at actions that can be taken at a personal, local, national and global level – PLiNGs!
To get more, join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook Group, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram
- Regional training in 2018 is available (contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you are organising a local event during One World Week in your community, please send us the date, time and location as soon as possible so that it can be advertised on our One World Week website and in case NYCI staff are available to attend
- We welcome in particular activities and materials that have a web/film based element
- Please ensure visibility of your local event in local media, online and through any other promotional channels available to your group. A toolkit on working with media during OWW will be provided by NYCI to grant recipients. All publicity must include the wording “This is a One World Week Project with the support of the National Youth Council of Ireland (NYCI)”
- Please use recycled material wherever possible for arts-based activities
- NYCI will not fund the purchase of any materials such as T-shirts, baseball caps, etc to be used in the creation of local actions for One World Week
If you have arranged OWW training for after this deadline, you can still apply for a mini-grant in advance.
Closing date: Friday 28th September
- Please indicate if you are interested in participating in regional OWW training with NYCI in 2018: Our main One World Week event takes place in Dublin on Wednesday, November 21st. Sign up to attend via http://www.youth.ie/training/YOUth-Summit-Activism-and-Sustainable-Development-Goals Please keep this date free so you can attend as it is expected that those funded under the mini grants scheme will take an active part in this event. Please indicate if you will attend the YOUth Summit