UNICEF Kenya and Rotary #GenUnlimited Youth Challenge ($1000 Seed Funding) | Diplomacy Opportunities
To celebrate youth innovativeness during the Rotary Day at the UN on 10th November, Rotary in partnership with UNICEF Kenya are organising the #GenUnlimited Youth Challenge that seeks to support young people under the age of 24 to Identify, understand and solve challenges they and their peers face. This shall be done within the scope of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals under UNICEF and Rotary’s six areas of focus. 20 Innovative solutions will have a chance to showcase their innovations during the Rotary Day at the UN 2018 and a chance to win $1000 seed funding followed by a 6 week mentoring and incubation support by UNICEF Kenya and partners.
- Secondary Education
- Employability & Decent work skills.
- Empowerment of the youth in marginalised & informal settlements.
To get more, join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook Group, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram
- 20 Innovations will be selected for the Rotary day at the UN Exhibition Fair where they will showcase their innovations to over 800 delegates.
- 5 Innovations will be nominated and awarded financial assistance of $1000 as seed funding.
- A 6 week UNICEF Kenya mentoring and Incubation process support.
- Be trained by UNICEF Kenya on crafting and scaling humanitarian innovations.
- Out of the five finalists, two will be chosen to move forward globally.
- Be recognised for their impactful innovations that are addressing the most essential needs in our communities.
- A spot at the Innovations Week at the University of Nairobi plus, a scholarship with the University.
- Accepted in UNICEF Kenya Young Peoples Program and become a part of UNICEF Kenya Youth Community.
- Must be a Kenyan resident under 24 years of age.
- Cannot be associated with a company or start-up funding the Innovations.
- The innovation should be unique and an original idea.
- Innovation should be a problem-solving solution implementable in an informal settlement to help a marginalized community.
- 24th – Applications Open.
- 10th Oct. Applications close.
- 15th – Pre Bootcamp/ Announcement of shortlisted applicants.
- 22nd – 27th – #GenUnlimtedKe Bootcamp.
- 9th – 10th November – #GenUnlimited Exhibition