The CIVICUS Youth Action Team has launched the call for nominations for seven (7) Youth Action Team members to serve from 2019 to 2021. Alex, Angga, Fideline, Gaïus, Max, Natasha, Sebastian and Stefan are saying goodbye after three great years of serving with a lot of passion, dedication and commitment.
The CIVICUS Youth Action Team is an established group of young members that provide strategic guidance on how youth participation issues can be better mainstreamed in CIVICUS’ programmes, and how CIVICUS can develop new activities with the Youth Working Group aimed specifically at strengthening youth participation in civil society.
To get more, join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook Group, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram
- Are you a young activist 30 years old or younger?
- Are you engaged in your community through students associations, civil society organisations or community groups to promote a sustainable, peaceful and just world order and systemic change?
- Do you belong to a network of young activists in your community, country or region in Europe, Africa, Asia or Middle East?
- You feel confident in providing your perspectives and insights to the CIVICUS alliance on good practices to increase youth inclusion and champion meaningful youth participation across the alliance?
- Are you eager and available to work with a virtual and multicultural team for the next 2 years, have access to an international network of activists in the global south and be part of a team steering an international community of over a thousand young activists?
- Are you a CIVICUS voting member?*
*If not, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to upgrade your membership
Time commitment: YAT members are required to commit to 8 – 10 hours per month implementing the YAT action plan which includes:
- Attending monthly virtual calls
- Assist in providing feedback for CIVICUS programming for youth
- Attend the Youth Assembly if possible
- Contribute to the CIVICUS blog
- Contribute to YAT projects
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams
- Punctual and dependable
- Fluent in UN languages (an asset but not a requirement)
- Good internet connectivity
- Passionate and creative!
Please read the Terms of Reference before submitting your nomination form.
Nominations are open until 11 November 2018 at 8:00 am GMT + 2. Please share with all regional youth networks and movements you feel should be represented in CIVICUS’ Youth Action Team 2019 – 2021.