International development is a very broad sector encompassing a huge range of organizations and job roles. Entry-level applicants need to be proactive, determined and flexible. You do not necessarily need to have a Master’s degree in development to ‘do development’. Most employers will look for at least six months and up to two years experience. This is so you can demonstrate practical knowledge of the sector.
Be aware that getting opportunities ‘in the field’ can be difficult for new graduates especially those without prior experience and internship positions in this sector are very limited and difficult to secure.
Dataville Research LLC’s remote internship programme provides you tailored training, guidance and real responsibility from the beginning, quickly preparing you for entry-level positions in the international development sector.
To get more, join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook Group, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram
At the end of this 3-month programme, participants should have a grasp of the rudiments of international development, data collection and management in development research and programme implementation.
The main target audience for this internship is international development prospects who will be directly implementing and evaluating programmes. Because of this, we generally stay away from very theoretical and academic content and opinion pieces that discuss problems without providing any practical solutions. A strong emphasis is placed on experiential learning, meaning that interns will be learning through the implementation of key phases of work in this internship.
- Volunteers and entry-level professionals in the humanitarian and development sector from developing and developed countries.
- Young graduates wanting to break into the international development sector.
- Individuals with a technical background interested in improving their knowledge and skills.
- Individuals with no technical background interested in exploring careers in global development.
- Postgraduate students from the Global South.
- Gain extensive knowledge of global development delivered by experienced practitioners.
- Become proficient in development research techniques from a practical point of view.
- Confirms mastery of skillset and industry principles and best practices.
- Boost your career confidence and expand your professional network.
- Receive the IDR authorized certificate of Graduate Internship in International Development.
How to apply:
Deadline: December 3, 2018
This programme is an unpaid internship. Participants will be required to cover their own operating costs. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative organization, so women are strongly encouraged to participate in this programme.