Fully Funded Commonwealth Regional Youth Conference on Peace and Security 2019
The Commonwealth Secretariat and the Royal Commonwealth Society will host a four-day Commonwealth Youth Dialogue Conference: Youth Workshop on International Peace and Security and Building Community Resilience from the Ground Up, in Kuala Lumpur from 1-4 April. The conference aims to build the capacity of emerging young leaders to bridge communities, lead action and prevent violent extremism through dialogue.
Young people at the conference will take part in interactive workshops on community cohesion, active citizenship, leadership, digital literacy and preventing violent extremism. The event also includes a day-long simulation of the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) where debates will focus on international peace and security.
The programme will enable young people to better understand social change through democratic institutions and appreciate the views of others locally and globally.
To get more, join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook Group, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram
Participants will gain a better understanding of their role as actors to prevent and counter violent extremism through informal and creative means. Following the summit, they will be expected to deliver future youth-led activities for their peers to help counter violent radicalisation.
This programme is to build the capacity of would-be young advocates and is not suitable for experts in the field.
All expenses will be paid including travel and accommodation.
- you must be 18-22 years old;
- you must a citizen and resident of Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam, India, Malaysia, Pakistan, Sri Lanka or Singapore;
- you must have an interest in peacebuilding and have some prior experience of participating in social action projects;
Applications must include:
- Recent CV
- Scan or clear photo of the bio page of t passport you will be travelling with
- A letter of recommendation from a person knowledgeable about your social action or professional career
If you would like to be considered as an applicant, please download the application form below and submit it before 25 February 2019 5 pm GMT.