African Union Youth Unite For Action 2019
When and Where?
The Pan African Youth Forum will be held from the 24th to 27th of April, 2019, at the African Union Commission Headquarters in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
To get more, join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook Group, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram
What is expected of you at the forum?
Participants are expected to engage in an intensive four-day meeting to propose workable solutions which will directly uplift millions of youth on the continent. In addition, participants will undergo a 15-hour virtual capacity building in the run-up to the Pan African Youth Forum. The programme is broadly outlined thus:
• Capacity Building sessions (15 virtual hours) – One week to the forum
• Pan African Youth Congress – Day 1
• Thematic Co-Creation Summit – Day 2 & 3
• Commitment Summit by youth development stakeholders – Day 4
• Marketplace on best practices in Africa in the key priority youth areas – Days 1 – 4
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a life-changing engagement of networking, learning, and creating long-term solutions to youth issues with other young leaders like yourself, and in partnership with the African Union Commission and its development partners. You will meaningfully contribute to the development trajectory of young people on the continent for years to come.
Deadline for Submissions is 2nd March 12:01 am East African Time
Who is eligible?
Participants will include youth experts from member states, civil societies and/or youth networks. Women, refugees/displaced persons, and persons living with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Do you have experience or expertise in one or more of the thematic areas?
- Are you a citizen of an AU Member State with a valid passport?
- Are you between the ages of 15-35?
- Can you communicate in one or more of the AU official languages (English, French, Portuguese, and Arabic)?
- Are you passionate about Africa’s development and have taken steps to contribute to achieve the Africa We Want?
- Are you committed to long-term engagement to drive the initiative in your own spaces?