The fellowship will begin with a three-day Peace and Social Change workshop that will take place in Nairobi, Kenya in January 2020. Fellows will be invited to bring two to three representatives from their organizations with them to the workshop in order to increase cross-learning within their respective organizations/movements. All participants will have costs related to travel, lodging, and meals throughout the Nairobi workshop covered. After the January workshop, the Women, Peace and Security (WPS) program staff will facilitate six months of ongoing communication among the fellowship cohort via webinars and email.
To get more, join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook Group, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram
We will also connect fellows with graduate student researchers from Columbia University and The Graduate Center of The City University of New York (CUNY). This team of graduate student researchers will help increase the visibility of fellows’ work and organizations through interdisciplinary research projects based on fellows’ feedback and reported needs. At the end of the fellowship period, fellows, WPS staff and graduate student researchers will meet for a second gathering in Nairobi, Kenya to discuss and present their collaborative work.
- Currently work on behalf of an African-based, grassroots-level organization or movement in the area of social justice and social change such as, but not limited to, gender based violence, land rights, climate change, maternal health, etc.
- Currently reside in Africa
- Have a history of movement-building or change-making in their community
- Have some aspect of their work related to the theme of peace and security
- Are available to travel to Nairobi, Kenya in January 2020 and July 2020 for two three-day workshops
- Are interested in collaborating with graduate students from the United States to generate research for movement support
- Are 18 years of age or older
- Are proficient in English
- All levels of experience are invited to apply
Deadline is NOON (EST) on October 23, 2019. If you have questions or would like further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org