Apply For Global Citizen Academy Instructors (Paid Role)
- Will average 10-12 hours per week. Times and days of the week vary depending on class schedule and will be discussed during the hiring process.
- There will be three weeks of online training (6-10 hrs per week) focusing on Global Citizen Year, tech platform for the course, and the curriculum.
- Complete all necessary prep work to deliver the Global Citizen Academy curriculum.
- Teach one of the following two courses:
- Systems & Society: Explore the complex relationships between human behavior, group dynamics, and society. (90 min 19 student section, twice per week)
- Leadership As A Practice: Build a foundation of living and leading with purpose. (one 90 min 19 student section and four 60 min 4-5 student sections,once per week)
- Follow up: grading, feedback, and office hours for students.
- Weekly check-ins with fellow instructors and supervisor.
- As the world drastically changes, help young people find their path and learn to lead with conviction, curiosity, and courage.
- Be a part of shaping and molding a pilot program, Global Citizen Academy, and help actualize the program’s potential for young people.
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You possess a positive, can-do attitude, and are adept at identifying creative solutions that turn challenges into opportunities. You can handle many important responsibilities at once and you’re rigorous about prioritization.
- Students come first for you. You care deeply about each student’s experience and learning outcomes. You enjoy small interactive class sessions, and deep engagement between you and students, with feedback given in both directions.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is your true north. You work, reflect, and evolve to ensure that you are consistently bringing diversity, equity, and inclusion into your classroom and teaching.
- You are a continuous learner. You love a new challenge to learn from. You are open to new pedagogical approaches and have a strong willingness to learn new things.
- You are connected to our mission. Something in your own life experience drives your passion for Global Citizen Year’s mission and vision.
The following skills and experience are required:
- Documented teaching experience.
- Experience facilitating classroom discussions and/or some familiarity with active engagement techniques.
- Experience with interdisciplinary curricula and comfort with teaching outside one’s primary expertise.
- Experience teaching critical thinking and problem solving, as well as guiding students to work on project-based assignments.
- The skills and ability to quickly learn and become comfortable with new technology platforms.
- Compensation: Competitive compensation based on which course and number of sections you teach.
- Location: All classes are taught on a technology platform, you have complete flexibility to teach at Global Citizen Academy via computer from any geographic location where there are good internet connections.
Please submit the following:
- Resume that outlines your relevant experience.
- A cover letter that includes why you believe you would be a good fit to be an instructor for Global Citizen Academy and your connection to Global Citizen Year’s mission.
- References should include people who can attest to the quality of your teaching, your general quality of mind, and your openness to new pedagogical approaches.
- Indicate how you learned of the opening.
The following skills and experience are preferred:
- Experience with online facilitation
- Experience working with highschool or college students
- International work experience
- Ph.D. or Masters degree
Start Date: August 3, 2020
Deadline: We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis until all instructor positions are filled.
Global Citizen Year is an equal opportunity employer. We know a diverse team produces the best results and we believe our team should reflect the diversity of leadership we aim to inspire. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
To get more opportunities, like our Facebook Page, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram
Read more on Global Citizen Academy Instructor