Job: IREX Subgrants/Capacity Building Officer, USAID Youth Development Activity
IREX seeks qualified Subgrants/Capacity Building Officer candidates for a global, cross-sectoral USAID Youth in Development Activity. This project will design and apply an approach to using implementation research to strengthen cross-sectoral positive youth development programming, help youth-led and youth-serving organizations use implementation research, and synthesize and promote findings broadly. The Subgrants/Capacity Building Officer will be based in Washington, DC.
This position has a maximum 18-month period of performance and is contingent on funding.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Develop capacity-building approach for youth-led and youth-serving organizations and groups in line with project technical goals, and provide oversight and quality assurance of capacity-building efforts.
- Apply expertise in Performance Improvement methodologies to capacity-building for a range of local youth-led and youth-serving partners.
- Coach and facilitate performance improvement approach with subgrantees; build capacity of staff and consortium in performance improvement methodologies.
- Ensure performance improvement processes are fully participatory and documented.
- Support subgrantees in identifying technical expertise needed to build their technical and organizational capacity in support of stronger positive youth development programming.
- Oversee and manage subawards portfolio, including obtaining IREX and USAID approvals, USG reporting and compliance, and compliance with IREX policies and procedures.
- Ensure that grantmaking policies and procedures are streamlined and realistic; oversee subgranting processes that minimize bureaucracy and ensure compliance.
- Ensure timely processing of programmatic and financial reports, and subgrantee payments.
- Develop all forms and processes to be simple, user-friendly, and in-line with IREX policy, guidance, and templates including requests for application (RFAs), memorandums of understanding (MOUs), and grant agreements and modifications.
- Ensure that subgrantee communication and support is well-coordinated.
- Supervise and coach assigned subgrants and capacity-building staff.
- Contribute to project planning and reporting.
- Support partner coordination and management.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- US citizenship or permanent residency.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working with local organizations in Africa, MENA, or Latin America, with specific experience supporting capacity-building for local organizations, specifically youth-led and youth-serving organizations.
- Experience with performance improvement methodologies strongly preferred.
- Proven track record in successfully planning and developing learning modules through a variety of methods as well as delivering training and coaching.
- Grant management experience for USAID or US Government programs; demonstrated ability to manage creative and streamlined subgrants portfolios for lower-capacity local organizations.
- Demonstrated experience and skill with budget preparation and analysis, financial reporting, and the proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports.
- Operational knowledge of USAID regulations including FAR and ADS concerning financial management and reporting, subcontracting, and procurement.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally and provide written reporting in English is required.