Call For Applications: IVolunteer International Writers’ Council
IVolunteer International Writers’ Council is inviting you, from around the world, if you have an aspiration for writing and blogging, to shine a light on causes you care about.
The Volunteer Journalist/Reporter is a position that will hold membership in IVolunteer International’s Writer’s Council.
- Become part of our team of writers in establishing an online platform for youth leaders and writers to share their stories and the stories of others.
- Build your portfolio sharing stories relating to capacity development, human rights & security, sustainable development goals, research & opinion, women & youth, and volunteer stories. We also welcome stories inspired by current events happening in the world or in the writer’s own communities.
- The position is flexible and virtual.
- Work under the leadership of the Editor-in-Chief to achieve the objectives of the Writers’ Council and the blog.
- Be able to cover events in the local community and interview important figureheads as requested.
- Produce a minimum of four articles per month.
- Attend bi-weekly and/or monthly virtual meetings (for the team).
Recognition & Benefits
- Training on WordPress utilization, academic writing, blog writing, and general ethics in journalism and feedback on each article for improvement.
- A letter of recommendation at the end of the volunteer period.
- A personal portfolio of your published articles maintained under a custom web address.
- The opportunity to network with high-level representatives from organizations worldwide.
- Experience in operating a start-up nonprofit organization and public service.
- An opportunity to practice your journalism and writing/reporting skills.
Deadline: July 20, 2020
- Understand the vision and mission of IVolunteer International and the Writer’s Council.
- Have strong communication skills (reliability, response time) and have access to communication software such as Skype, Whatsapp, and reliable access to the internet to use other software such as email, Google Drive, etc.
- Have intermediary experience and knowledge of Google Drive, Google Documents, WordPress and Microsoft Office.
- Be able to author and publish articles on WordPress.
- Have an excellent command of the English language in writing and speaking.
- A proven willingness and ability to meet deadlines.
- Have basic soft skills and leadership qualities to work together in a team.
Read more on IVolunteer International Writers’ Council website